Student Legal Service (SLS) offers advice and representation in the areas listed below. These services are available to University of Minnesota students paying the Student Services Fee at the Twin-Cities Campus and are limited to those outlined in our Policy Handbook.
Wills, Health Care Directives, and Power of Attorney
- Claims against or adverse to the University of Minnesota
- Cases involving one eligible student with a claim that is adverse to or potentially in conflict with another U of M student (see Handbook, page 9)
- Claims against or adverse to the University of Minnesota regents, employees, or agents if the claim arises out of the performance of duties of office or employment at the University of Minnesota
- Cases challenging the policies or practices of the University of Minnesota
- Matters that are prohibited by the ethical standards and regulations governing USLS attorneys
- Matters customarily handles as contingent fee cases (e.g. personal injury)