Upcoming Student Legal Service Events
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON SLS SERVICES
In accordance with University guidance, the Student Legal Service (SLS) office is currently operating remotely and will do so until further notice. This means that the SLS office at 160 West Bank Skyway will not be open to the public or available for in-person appointments. We will also be suspending notary public services until further notice.
Scheduling a Virtual Appointment
If you are an eligible U of M student, please email us at email@example.com to begin scheduling an appointment. We will schedule new appointments by email or, if the student prefers, we can call you at a designated phone number (please indicate this preference either in your email or in your voicemail message). We will conduct all appointments by phone or by video conferencing.
Contacting a Specific SLS Attorney or Staff Member
If you are trying to reach an SLS attorney or staff member, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at (612) 624-1001 or. A front desk staff member will route your message to the appropriate person as soon as possible.
If you are an existing client and would like to schedule a follow up appointment, email the SLS staff member you are working with directly. If you do not have his or her email, email email@example.com.
Student Legal Service
Phone: (612) 624-1001
Emerging Leaders in the Law
- We are now accepting applications for the Emerging Leaders in the Law Clerkship! Apply here: https://z.umn.edu/Emerging-Leaders-App
- The application includes important details regarding our plan for the clerkship and the timeline for applying.
Protestor Office Hour
- Arrested or detained during a protest? Drop into Student Legal Service' Zoom Office Hour on Sundays
- Upcoming dates: Sunday, April 25, May 2, and May 9
- Use this Zoom Link to join the Office Hour: https://z.umn.edu/SLS-Protestor-Office-Hour
Request A Program
We offer a variety of programs and trainings to University students, staff, faculty, and the local community.
If you’re interested in having USLS staff facilitate or create a program or training, please complete our Request a Program Form.